A great interview with Mark Kingdon, on GigaOM, by Wagner James Au.
A few interesting excerpts:
- Google Lively is not even a competitor; you have much more use cases in Second Life.
- They are focusing on three things:
a) “solidifying our proposition for what we’re defining as our core markets”;
b) Improving Second Life’s interface;
c) Stability and scalability of the platform.
- 3D is much better than 2D or 2.5D (as in the Habbo Hotel virtual world)
- Second Life is profitable (but less than 40 million USD a year).
- The partnership with IBM on interoperability is GREAT.
Well, good points. And good luck, Mark!